In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(breathing in)inhalación feminine
- Another form of meditation practice is to focus your attention on just one thing, like your breath, carefully counting your inhalations and exhalations and noticing the pauses in between.
- Breath control involves techniques for training the inhalation, exhalation and the period of retention in-between.
- She awarded herself a lengthy inhalation or air.
- One class teaches children to breathe like a bunny - two short inhalations, followed by a slow exhalation.
- Hyperventilation is the repeated inhalation of fast, full breaths of air and rapid exhalation.
- Upon inhalation, tiny particles are taken to the roof of the nose and up behind the eyes.
- Treatment includes resting the voice and inhalation of humidified air.
- Amanda took a sharp inhalation of breath before burying her face in Greg's chest, trying to hide from it, but she had seen it anyway.
- Vicki heard a quick inhalation of breath, a stifled cry, and a strangled curse followed by the slamming of the door to the room.
- A slow inhalation with a 2 to 3 second breath hold followed by a slower exhalation is performed.
- Breathe continuously, with no pauses between the exhalation and the inhalation.
- She snorted and threw an arm over her stiff eyes, breathing with deep, even inhalations.
- She made no noise except the occasional inhalation and exhalation of air.
- A sharp inhalation of breath proved to Bryan that he was in fact getting somewhere with her, at which he had to suppress a smirk.
- The carcinogenic effect of diesel exhaust exposure is mainly ascribed to the inhalation of particles.
- There are almost 400 deaths a year from the inhalation of second-hand smoke.
- The potential health hazards associated with inhalation of airborne pollutants are now well recognized.
- Inhalant abuse is defined as the intentional inhalation of a volatile substance in order to achieve euphoria.
- Surrender to your next inhalation, let the breath breathe you, and simultaneously relax the body as much as possible.
- The normal pulse resides at the middle level and is usually about four or five beats for each complete inhalation and exhalation of breath.
2(of smoke, fumes)inhalación feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.