In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1heredarto inherit sth (from sb/sth) — heredar algo (de algn/algo)
- from their father they inherited nothing but debts — de su padre no heredaron más que deudas
- This debt is then gifted to a second trust, which ensures your children inherit the property on your death.
- Her property would be inherited by her children who would be members of the new family.
- Often properties are inherited by several heirs.
- It was my father's intention that he should not, however inherit the property until he was 21 years old.
- This allows you to decide exactly which people will inherit any money, property or other assets when you die.
- Among Bullock County residents, owning a fine bird dog could build a man's reputation almost as quickly as inheriting large sums of money or land.
- She has inherited a property from her grandparents and wishes to move into that home with her children.
- In order to inherit money from his aunt he has to marry within a month.
- All other property is inherited equally among all heirs from both parents.
- After the war, women increasingly inherited real property and served as executors of men's estates.
- The property was initially inherited by the deceased's sister, the only known relative entitled to the inheritance at the time.
- He knew that once Reginald died and Miranda inherited his money and estate, they would be together again.
- You can get rich in several ways: by winning a lottery, marrying into money, inheriting wealth, suing, or careful scrimping and saving over a lifetime.
- Before inheriting the title on the death of his father he had been left Field House, Flaxton, its 400 acres, and some tenanted farmsteads by an aunt.
- This may not be a popular point of view but why should we be able to inherit large sums of money for which we have made no contribution.
- Furthermore, people who inherit such money can also be made liable for tax due.
- The wife keeps her mother's last name, children keep the mother's last name and the youngest daughter inherits the family property.
- Depending on who inherits the money after your death, there may be income or inheritance tax to be paid on the proceeds.
- Those are people who inherited large sums of money, won the lottery, or sold their Internet businesses for billions of dollars.
- When a person dies without a will, Texas statutes determine who inherits that person's property.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.