In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Psychologyinhibición feminineto lose/get rid of one's inhibitions — perder las inhibiciones
- he has no inhibitions about discussing his personal problems — habla de sus problemas personales sin ninguna inhibición
- But Freud also acknowledged that purely external factors, rather than internal inhibitions, might prevent the direct expression of such impulses.
- She then builds up a secondary inhibition to sexual arousal in order to avoid the frustration accompanying an unsatisfying sexual experience.
- The moral that Freud drew from this reasoning was that the inhibition of natural emotional expressions could lead to dangerous consequences.
- Further, it lowers inhibitions, spurring individuals who are inclined towards sexually abusive or deviant behaviors to act on their fantasies.
- An imbalance of excitation and inhibition may underlie several neurological diseases, including autism, Tourette's syndrome and schizophrenia.
2Biology Chemistryinhibición feminine
- With respect to this subject, the reported DNA damage and inhibition of DNA repair functions by photooxidative reactions is an interesting aspect.
- The alternative possibility, that the kinetic complexity of Mg-G-actin digestions arises from trypsin inhibition in these reactions, has been tested in two ways.
- Flavonoids have diverse toxic effects including disruption of cellular respiration, inhibition of enzyme function, and interference with reproduction.
- Gamma-tocopherol partially protects insulin-secreting cells against functional inhibition by nitric oxide.
- Similar calmodulin-mediated phosphorylations lead to inhibition of glycogen synthase.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.