In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some professors, lawyers, judges and doctors are making barbaric and inhuman decisions.
- How come we are subjected to torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment?
- It appears that we are the brutal, inhuman people that our history book have tried to conceal.
- The shock of inhuman brutality was sufficient to traumatize the Albanians into submission.
- The new law explicitly states that people should not be subject to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment.
- The brutal and inhuman methods of these organizations bespeak not liberation, but provocation.
- We diminish ourselves if we allow the atrocities committed by others to turn us into inhuman people capable of similar evil.
- Anyways, lets not dwell on the inhuman ways in which some humans treat their brothers.
- Torture is, of course, a more severe type of inhuman treatment.
- And what does it mean when people take offense and respond in evil and inhuman ways?
- Around 68 years ago a man rose to power in Germany, a man who would unleash the most inhuman reign of any human being in history.
- I'm also assuming that they don't support the view of the men as evil and inhuman.
- Officers at the prison murdered him because he dared to complain about the inhuman conditions and the poor quality of food.
- He is despised in the West because of the inhuman brutality of his dictatorship.
- They violate the convention against torture and other forms of cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment.
- Violence meted out to women in the country is widespread and inhuman; worse, is sanctioned by society.
- It is not only unorthodox but also inhuman and borders on the violation of human rights.
- Their admiration was even greater since the French had been represented to them as the most inhuman and savage people.
- They probably thought we were so inhuman and so evil so as to be totally devoid of feelings.
- He and his political cronies are guilty of cruel and inhuman treatment of a helpless human.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.