In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(wickedness)iniquidad feminine formal
- When it strikes close to home, people may become radicalised to the point that their sole trajectory in life is towards an exposure of the world's iniquity.
- This state is described in Psalm 51 as the result of transgressions, iniquity, sin, and evil.
- Once again, the speaker went back to the 20s to find the roots of historical iniquity, which shows you how little we share in terms of common cultural touchpoints.
- From here, abstinence education looks like a sly attempt to shift the responsibility for iniquity from state to individual.
- This iniquity is to remain, and the regulations may even increase the discrimination permitted.
- Lo, I was begotten in sin, and my mother conceived me in iniquity.
- God imputes to Christ, makes over to Christ, lays upon Christ our iniquity and our sin and our unrighteousness and our wickedness.
- What makes me even more mad is that after Oliver had exposed this iniquity, the Government shamelessly tried to seek electoral advantage from it.
- The iniquity of the result lay in the fact that the losers were the better, more constructive team.
- True, it's not so big but I'm getting very anxious about this quantitative measuring of iniquity…
- Though it costs American businesses an estimated $660 billion a year, fraud remains an eerily silent iniquity.
- Don't just tackle the job; do it better, with no more than half as much iniquity, since you can.
- Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
- In fact, this is something a lot of male-owned companies use as a veneer for iniquity.
- For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
- Torture evidence is utterly to be rejected here not only because of its iniquity but also because of its manifest unreliability.
- Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!
- But I'm livid anyway on behalf of those people who do suffer that daily iniquity, and it's that core of injustice that undermines the current taxation system.
- This is why he will come to rule NewMediaLand and I will sink further into drunkenness and iniquity.
- It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.
2(wicked act)iniquidad feminine formal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.