In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(shock/response) inicial(consonant/vowel) inicialin the initial stages — al principio
- my initial reaction — mi primera reacción
- Following that, the test administrator asks the subject to remember as many of the words on the initial list as possible.
- Geraldine's initial letter had no proper address on it and they owe their reunion to the local postman who recognised the name and knew the door number.
- There were 1,703 initial claims by newly discharged veterans, an increase of 9 from the preceding week.
- One is that the numerals came from an alphabet in a similar way to the Greek numerals which were the initial letters of the names of the numbers.
- Their initial exchange of letters set the tone for their relationship as student and mentor.
- And yes, Jesus was poor, but not homeless, which was the entire point I was trying to make in my initial letter.
- The second scheme uses the first name and the initial letter of the last name.
- The initial list contained 50 words illustrating 20 presumed features of written Spanish.
- Frankly, the initial material and words of advice in Wine Fundamentals are absolutely superb and sensible.
- Dyslexics may correctly get the initial letters and ‘rush’ the rest incorrectly.
- Without him Bolton went on to lose 2-0 to Walsall, who share an initial letter with Wembley but little else.
- His initial letter in 1974 was because there had been another man or three other men arrested for the Otero murders.
- Aside from her initial words, she took no notice of the man.
- Show your child the initial letters of other members of the family and, when the post is delivered, see if they can work out whom each item of mail is for.
- The utilization of only the initial letters of these names neutralizes this original significance.
- In its orthography, German gives an initial capital letter to its nouns, a practice common in English until the mid eighteenth century.
- You'll have to excuse my rather bland choice of words in the initial sentence.
- Do not confuse this use of red with the practice of using red ink for each initial letter of God, Christos or Iesus.
- The announcement means that no more footwear will be made in the town that gave its initial letter to the K Shoes brand.
- The initial letter in his surname is silent.
- In PDF files particularly, initial letters may be separated from the rest of the word.
- The initial impression is of a tiny, brilliantly painted chapel.
- This was its first response to my initial letter, rather than the culmination of a lengthy and bitter exchange!
- Buy a packet of plain biscuits and writing icing, then draw the initial letter of everyone's name in your family on a separate biscuit.
- To encrypt the initial letter P we use the key letter beneath it which, in this case, is f.
- This simple activity helps students focus on initial letters in words in both languages.
- When she caught word about the initial incident, she ordered all books and reading material banned and burned.
- In Experiment 2, we found that the initial letter of the solution word was no better as a cue than either the middle or last letter.
- And for certain names I used the same initial letter and changed the name; for some I just completely switched it.
- They want to see if the initial, favorable impression was justified.
- The present study examined the role of the convention in German to capitalize the initial letters of nouns.
- The names of the patients had the same initial letter while the hospital numbers differed by just one digit.
- I'm nearly at the 10,000 words required for the initial pitch.
- It was much more to do with the tone of the letter than the initial phrase.
- This initial report outlines the investigation's key lines of inquiry and the next steps planned as of 7 August 2007.
- In German, as in English, the initial letter of the first word in a sentence is always capitalized.
- After the initial greetings and words of sympathy and relief, we all filed into the living room.
- However, he was at an initial loss of words when someone pointed out that the most feared people in the nation were policemen, and not teachers as he had said.
- He also used abbreviations for the unknown, usually the initial letter of a colour was used, and sometimes several different unknowns occur in a single problem.
- If trouble continues after an initial warning, a letter is sent to the youngster's parents.
1inicial femininemy initials — mis iniciales
1inicialarponerle las iniciales a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.