In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(shock/response) inicial(vowel/consonant) inicialin the initial stages — al principio
- my initial reaction — mi primera reacción
- Dyslexics may correctly get the initial letters and ‘rush’ the rest incorrectly.
- Aside from her initial words, she took no notice of the man.
- In Experiment 2, we found that the initial letter of the solution word was no better as a cue than either the middle or last letter.
- They want to see if the initial, favorable impression was justified.
- And yes, Jesus was poor, but not homeless, which was the entire point I was trying to make in my initial letter.
- Show your child the initial letters of other members of the family and, when the post is delivered, see if they can work out whom each item of mail is for.
- It was much more to do with the tone of the letter than the initial phrase.
- Frankly, the initial material and words of advice in Wine Fundamentals are absolutely superb and sensible.
- Their initial exchange of letters set the tone for their relationship as student and mentor.
- Buy a packet of plain biscuits and writing icing, then draw the initial letter of everyone's name in your family on a separate biscuit.
- The second scheme uses the first name and the initial letter of the last name.
- Geraldine's initial letter had no proper address on it and they owe their reunion to the local postman who recognised the name and knew the door number.
- When she caught word about the initial incident, she ordered all books and reading material banned and burned.
- The names of the patients had the same initial letter while the hospital numbers differed by just one digit.
- In PDF files particularly, initial letters may be separated from the rest of the word.
- One is that the numerals came from an alphabet in a similar way to the Greek numerals which were the initial letters of the names of the numbers.
- In German, as in English, the initial letter of the first word in a sentence is always capitalized.
- This was its first response to my initial letter, rather than the culmination of a lengthy and bitter exchange!
- However, he was at an initial loss of words when someone pointed out that the most feared people in the nation were policemen, and not teachers as he had said.
- This simple activity helps students focus on initial letters in words in both languages.
- The initial impression is of a tiny, brilliantly painted chapel.
- He also used abbreviations for the unknown, usually the initial letter of a colour was used, and sometimes several different unknowns occur in a single problem.
- I'm nearly at the 10,000 words required for the initial pitch.
- There were 1,703 initial claims by newly discharged veterans, an increase of 9 from the preceding week.
- In its orthography, German gives an initial capital letter to its nouns, a practice common in English until the mid eighteenth century.
- The present study examined the role of the convention in German to capitalize the initial letters of nouns.
- The announcement means that no more footwear will be made in the town that gave its initial letter to the K Shoes brand.
- The initial list contained 50 words illustrating 20 presumed features of written Spanish.
- The initial letter in his surname is silent.
- To encrypt the initial letter P we use the key letter beneath it which, in this case, is f.
- Following that, the test administrator asks the subject to remember as many of the words on the initial list as possible.
- You'll have to excuse my rather bland choice of words in the initial sentence.
- This initial report outlines the investigation's key lines of inquiry and the next steps planned as of 7 August 2007.
- Do not confuse this use of red with the practice of using red ink for each initial letter of God, Christos or Iesus.
- After the initial greetings and words of sympathy and relief, we all filed into the living room.
- And for certain names I used the same initial letter and changed the name; for some I just completely switched it.
- Without him Bolton went on to lose 2-0 to Walsall, who share an initial letter with Wembley but little else.
- If trouble continues after an initial warning, a letter is sent to the youngster's parents.
- The utilization of only the initial letters of these names neutralizes this original significance.
- His initial letter in 1974 was because there had been another man or three other men arrested for the Otero murders.
1inicial femininemy initials — mis iniciales
- Customize by choosing any combination of letters: your initials, a nickname, any word you think describes you.
- The ever-present heart and anchor, symbols of hope and trust, were generally flanked by initials or sometimes even names.
- Those letters can be the initials of a first or a last name (of a person or a pet), or can represent a title or any other appellation.
- It would have been helpful to have each man's name or initials before each letter.
- The name and initials of the interviewed person have been changed for security reasons.
- If the kerchief carried the lady's initials or name, it was purposely exhibited before the rival lover.
- And I thought for a minute that the initials of my name were just unlucky.
- A critical part of a girl's education in this discipline was learning how to stitch letters so she could work her initials or name onto the various linens made for the household.
- To indicate they have made such a hike, often they scribble their names or initials on rocks or stones or the marker on the top of the mount.
- The headmaster's chair and canopy featuring a portrait of the school's founder still dominate the original panelled schoolroom, complete with the carved initials and names of generations of schoolboys.
- Instead of the first and last letters of one word, the tiles can be made to represent the first and second initials of a phrase, name, etc.
- He no longer uses his full name, just his initials.
- And so, in similar circumstances, it is likely that someone from the class of 2005 will put his hand up, stamp his mark on the series, and henceforth be known by just one name or perhaps his initials.
- The initials of the French name are also the first 4 letters in the European spelling for the first part of the digestive tract, the oesophagus, so the acronym is very appropriate.
- She also matched initials to the names of more than a half-dozen workers.
- Their names were initials until the public knew what the abbreviations stood for.
- We have only the initials for the Christian names of the men in the back row who are dressed in their ordinary clothes.
- Robert's wife Susan said that the irons had such a positive effect that they gave someone who used them a good hair day - the initials of this phrase then became the company's name.
- If you can remember a few sets of initials, the full names follow automatically.
- Bach concluded all his works with the letters AMDG - the initials of the Latin words meaning ‘To the greater glory of God’.
1inicialarponerle las iniciales a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.