In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And basically, people are familiar with these flavor injectors.
- The positioning and delivery system comprises an injector which is adapted to allow a syringe to be attached and a housing.
- They are variable volume injectors because they allow the loading of various sample volumes.
- The battlefield was littered with atropine injectors used by panicky Iranian troops as an antidote against Iraqi nerve gas attacks.
- In addition, a more efficient control unit shortens the interval between pre-injection and main injection and the injectors themselves are manufactured to finer tolerances.
- By the end of 2001, about 1 million injectors could be infected.
- They may need to carry an epinephrine injector or some other self-administered emergency treatment.
- The fact that new cases in HIV among injectors are now at their lowest levels since the early 1980s is a testimony to the value of these services.
- Likewise, the use of a nanoscale injector to introduce molecules into a biological cell does no harm to the cell.
- The HRB figures show that among new treatment cases, the percentage of injectors had not increased between 1996 and 2000, standing at around a third of users.
- After all, a little aesthetics might create a stronger desire to keep the injector with them at all times.
- ‘Many injectors in the affected areas of Glasgow have said that their recent supply of heroin has required unusually large amounts of citric acid to be added,’ he said.
- But if you have the atropine injectors in the same hands of the people who have the nerve gas, they can become offensive, because then the soldiers use nerve gas with relative impunity.
- Figures published earlier this year showed that the number of heterosexual Scots being diagnosed as HIV-positive had risen to record levels, overtaking figures for people in high-risk groups such as homosexuals and drug injectors.
- The doctor put a small vial with a colorless liquid onto an injector and placed the nozzle against her upper arm.
- Almost three-quarters of intravenous drug users who were previously imprisoned reported that they had injected three or more years ago, compared with 36% of injectors among new entrants.
- In their march into Iraq, U.S. Marines discovered Iraqi chemical-biological protection suits and field-syringe injectors filled with a nerve-gas antidote.
- In particular, older injectors may bring a range of knowledge and techniques from other drug using experiences to a new practice, such as crack injection.
- In Russia, as of 2004, 80 percent of all HIV cases involved drug injectors, and many of these infections occurred because addicts share contaminated needles.
- Behind every great athlete is a great entourage of massage therapists, doctors, physios, steroid injectors and chiropractors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.