In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(part/chamber) más recóndito
- Expression has also been reported in the innermost layer of the tobacco seed-coat.
- It had several layers: the innermost being a spongy fish ball, covered first by a piece of eggplant and then by almond bits.
- That was why, in the innermost pocket of his carrying bag, secured beneath several layers of waterproof cloth, there was a tin of candy.
- The central point of the spicule positioned very close to the innermost shell wall.
- Five towers made of stylised lotuses rise from the centre, with the innermost tower rising to a height of 699 feet.
- The innermost layer adjacent to the lumen was occasionally difficult to distinguish.
- The frigid water soaks your innermost layer of clothing, which is practically a guarantee of hypothermia.
- Our bodies, from our skin's outermost layer to our brain's innermost neurons, are sacred to us.
- The roofs had originally comprised a profiled metal decking as the innermost layer.
- In general, the innermost layer of the seed coat of legumes consists of irregularly shaped cells with large intracellular spaces.
- He correctly pointed out that six spheres can surround a central sphere in the innermost ring.
- The initiation of cortical cell collapse was observed 5-6 cell layers from the innermost unmodified cortical layer.
- This innermost cell layer is surrounded by about two layers of narrow cells, which are elongate in longitudinal direction.
- The earliest formed neurons make the innermost cortical layer, while neurons formed later make successive outer layers.
2(feelings/secrets/thoughts) más íntimoin her innermost being — en su fuero interno
- Once again, her innermost thoughts collided with her spoken words.
- It is a piece most unwieldy and amateur, and one that I hope will better convey my innermost feelings about my car.
- For fifty hypnotic minutes, we immersed ourselves in noise, drowning out even our very innermost thoughts.
- She had said it was to write your innermost feelings in.
- Does it make you uncomfortable that people can read your innermost thoughts?
- No matter how we might change externals, it is only when our innermost feelings are altered that we truly change and grow.
- Speaking to a faceless audience who they believed was listening to them somewhere, made them come out with their innermost feelings and fears.
- I respond becoming even more unnerved, not one bit liking the idea of her being able to read my innermost thoughts.
- Even songs we can't stand ricochet in our minds; those that we love become enmeshed with our innermost feelings and memories.
- But when the day finally arrives when he packs away the clubs for good, he doesn't conceal what he hopes his innermost thoughts will be.
- He seemed to know her innermost thoughts, as though reading her mind.
- I poured out my deepest and innermost thoughts and wouldn't stop until there was no more to share.
- Sometimes people deliberately shrink away from words because of their belief that words lack power to express innermost feelings.
- It's always interesting to see people's innermost fears and insecurities projected on to another isn't it?
- Gender of itself has no bearing on a person's innermost desire for liberty and to reach their fullest potential possible.
- Those deep, innermost feelings you have about the world being really awful are probably right.
- All the hurrying, worrying bustle of the world would be shut out, and she could concentrate on her innermost thoughts.
- Eighteen urban youths share their innermost feelings in their class's open mike poetry presentation.
- All sorts of personal correspondence, our innermost thoughts, and much of what we have been doing over the past few years are recorded on the computer.
- There will be no one who is able to respond sympathetically to his innermost fears and apprehensions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.