In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in baseball)entrada femininemanga feminine
- Fielder leads off the inning by ripping a double down the rightfield line.
- Interesting timing, because if you're going to cut the game short, it seems only fair to announce it before a full inning, so both sides have fair warning.
- Casey, who grew up near Pittsburgh, says he thought a lot about batting in the first inning of the first game at a new stadium in his hometown.
- Then in the seventh inning, the center fielder singled home the go-ahead run.
- White set a modern major league record in scoring three runs in the 7th inning of that game.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.