- Addition reactions of inorganic molecules occur when an atom has more than one valence.
- Under sulphur-deficient conditions, reduced protein synthesis is accompanied by the accumulation of organic and inorganic nitrogenous compounds.
- Similarly, if the compound is inorganic, an organic solvent, such as water, is needed.
- Both organic and inorganic compounds experience elimination reactions.
- In the chemistry laboratory, ultraviolet and visible spectroscopy (UV-vis spectroscopy) is used to study molecules and inorganic ions in solution.