In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Lawinvestigación femininepesquisa judicial femininecoroner's inquest — investigación llevada a cabo por uncoroner
- to hold an inquest on sth — llevar a cabo una investigación sobre algo
- The costs could continue to rise as the Ministry of Defence is considering applying for a judicial review of the inquest.
- The inquest into last week's incident has already had an adverse effect on the clubs, whose officials have been reprimanded for speaking to the press.
- The coroner was due to open an inquest into his death today at Burnley Magistrates Court.
- In her opinion the incidents described at the inquest were not necessarily related to the school, but had links with the local community.
- When being questioned in the inquest to this last incident, he is said to have given what I consider to be his most infamous saying yet.
- The matter has now been referred to the coroner and an inquest into the death will be held in due course.
- An initial inquest on the island returned a verdict of accidental death but a second inquest held at Bromley Magistrates' Court recorded an open verdict.
- As you will know, the statutory function of an inquest is to ascertain who the deceased was, and how, when and where he came by his death.
- The Divisional Court directed the coroner to resume the inquest.
- There have been 150 questions asked at an inquest and a criminal trial.
2(investigation)pesquisa feminineindagación feminine
- The company is carrying out its own investigation and an inquest was due to be opened this week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.