1(question)we made inquiries about / into his past — hicimos averiguaciones / indagaciones sobre su pasado
- they made inquiries about prices — pidieron / solicitaron información sobre precios
- all inquiries to … — para cualquier información dirigirse a …
- (up)on inquiry we were told that … — al preguntar / al solicitar información se nos dijo que …
- inquiry office — oficina de información
- But we have to be careful how we embark on our post-incident inquiries and analysis.
- Efforts to trace him have so far failed despite an appeal and continued inquiries by detectives at taxi firms around the town.
- Their inclusion is still to be tested at a public inquiry into the plan.
- Officers conducted door-to-door inquiries while forensic experts examined the inside of the house for clues.
- Detectives said house-to-house inquiries and searches by trained officers were likely to continue over the next few days.
- Thank you for your inquiry relating to the position of the arm as the bowler releases the ball.
- It was essential that the plan underwent the scrutiny of a public inquiry, he said.
- Our inquiry is inquisitorial, it is not adversarial in conduct or indeed character.
- Today the detective leading the inquiry made a fresh appeal for witnesses to come forward.
- I met him last year, and he impressed me as a cop who had quickly grasped that racing inquiries needed forensic detection skills.
- However, this written evidence was not tested at the inquiry and so carries less weight.
- A public inquiry and judicial review is awaited and a housing market crash looms ever closer.
- Detectives launched an inquiry after the woman's body was found just after midnight on Saturday.
- Many of the detectives who made inquiries in the early days of the investigation have been re-interviewed.
- Detectives launched a murder inquiry and carried out house-to-house inquiries.
- If the inquiry needs tests, whether scientific or otherwise, so much the better.
- At the height of the investigation more than 80 detectives were involved in inquiries.
- The man, who has not been named, was released on police bail pending further inquiries and forensic tests.
- The original bed has been taken away for examination and our inquiries are continuing.
- The public inquiry held in January examined two applications for the development.
2(investigation)investigación femininecommittee of inquiry — comisión investigadora feminine
- to hold an inquiry — llevar a cabo una investigación