In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So called socialist societies have been as bad as any other in helping to destroy the balance of nature in trying to satisfy the insatiable greed of humans.
- As the months groaned by there were rumours of big price increases, insatiable thirst and catastrophic suspension failure.
- Now its pretty obvious to the average observer of this species that lurking just below the surface of an insatiable lust for money is malice.
- Her mother is a drug addict and has been in and out of jail for over a decade, and Megan's insatiable craving for affection is both tragic and repellent.
- He was accused of sacrificing all, including justice, to his insatiable ambition.
- Being a batsman with an insatiable hunger for runs, he will also no doubt gorge himself at the expense of bowling attacks the length and breadth of the country.
- It profoundly satisfied while simultaneously creating an insatiable appetite for more.
- Its pure lust; an insatiable greed for pleasure on my behalf, and a hunger for self-glory and pride on hers.
- They are incensed by the Government's insatiable thirst for higher taxes and more public spending, which has failed to improve services.
- It has been a busy and successful year for the explorer and it seems his insatiable appetite for doing the impossible is never-ending.
- The insatiable yearning to know more makes each day exciting and each discovery a gem.
- Aren't we all, too much into trivial matters and petty thinking and driven by insatiable greed?
- As his relevance increases so does the insatiable yearning for their source to yield more.
- But his insatiable appetite for politics and getting things done was evident long before he sought elected office.
- Who among us can possibly keep up with the insatiable thirst for novelty demanded and dominated by the toy industry?
- It's infused with desire and loss, impossible tenderness, insatiable hunger.
- Once again, football's insatiable greed threatens to be its undoing.
- Revived from my state of walking death, I awoke with an insatiable thirst for that world, a mad desire to recapture it in the waking hours.
- Aren't we playing up to the male libido and their insatiable desire for sex and excitement?
- Combine this with his instinctive and insatiable appetite for success and you have a winning formula.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.