In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Adult males emerge from their puparia and fly off to inseminate a female through the brood canal opening in her cephalothorax.
- In general, intromittent organs are found in males and are used to inseminate females.
- Furthermore, conception rates obtained when mares were inseminated with semen processed by this method were similar to those obtained on the farm and reported elsewhere.
- During the operation sperm is collected for the tissue bank and will later be used to inseminate lions in another park.
- At the predicted time of ovulation she is artificially inseminated with semen from the husband of the infertile woman…
- Male mosquitofish do not court and copulations result exclusively from males forcibly inseminating females.
- We had to learn how to artificially inseminate mice, which was a big task.
- If you artificially inseminate a chicken with semen from a turkey, few if any of the sperm find their way into the females' sperm store, and at best, only 2 to 3 percent of the eggs will be fertile.
- The late Anna was born in 1959 in Africa and brought to the U.S. where she served in the circus, then at a lab as an experimental subject and artificially inseminated breeder chimp.
- As for the males becoming wingless, if the male can inseminate a mobile female, then he doesn't have to worry about wings too much, because his genes can be carried off by the female.
- However, there are both conflicts and congruences of interest between the sexes when cannibalism occurs after the male has inseminated the female.
- However, if the male that mated with 143 inseminated both females, this would be an additional outbreeding pair.
- Still another possibility is for her to control either her ovulation or the maturation of her eggs after she is inseminated by certain males.
- The intelligent were failing to breed, and the only remedy, according to Graham, was to artificially inseminate women with the sperm of intelligent men - Nobel prize-winning scientists, no less.
- Therefore, a male's ability to inseminate females is probably limited enough to make choosing pay.
- About 4 weeks after the cows were inseminated, he used ultrasound to determine whether they were pregnant.
- Here, the models predict that males should transfer the least sperm when there are no other competitors and the most sperm when only one other male is likely to inseminate the female.
- However, it is not possible to remove enough sperm from the man's testicle to inseminate the woman.
- The giant panda, whose mother was artificially inseminated, was born at the center in August 2001.
- At the National Wildlife Research Center in Taif, female bustards are artificially inseminated and the chicks are hand-raised and then released.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.