In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(official examination)inspección feminine
- We also encountered a degree of hostility while carrying out our inspections.
- Such inspections are conducted only on the basis of complaints and to verify discrepancies.
- They in turn must take inspections and see if the encroachments have been permanently removed.
- Usually, a purchaser should rely upon his own inspection and his surveyor's report.
- That explains why Reed started his own company specializing in pipeline inspections.
2(of troops)revista feminine
3(scrutiny)examen masculinerevisión femininepitch inspection — inspección del terreno de juego feminine
- on close inspection — al examinarlo minuciosamente
- inspection copy — ejemplar de muestra
- inspection pit
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.