In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- More often than not, owners of bungalow houses tend to think that the inspection chambers are septic tanks.
- In the past year Yorkshire Water has put poison bait in more than 34, 200 inspection chambers in the sewage system - twice as many as in the previous year.
- As you can see the properties have different numbers of inspection chambers and gullies.
- If the inspection chamber is clear, the blockage is on the private side and the owner is responsible for clearing.
- Second, an inspection chamber can be used as a point of access to remove blockages from a sewer system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.