In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(for artistic creation)inspiración femininesource of inspiration — fuente de inspiración feminine
- my inspiration is drawn mostly from the classics — me inspiro sobre todo en los autores clásicos
- This network evolves and materializes through a process of inspiration, image, and historic precedent.
- The process of inspiration is active and requires energy for muscle contraction.
- All new creations are built on previous creations and provide inspiration for future ones.
- Fine artists would give inspiration and stimulus and craftsmen would give practical classes.
- This was contrary to the idea (influenced by Romanticism) that an artist should rely on inspiration and creativity.
- In this way ‘Repulsed’ addresses the enigma of creative inspiration and articulates its own unique prose language in the process.
- With the help of such means, the process of inspiration is galvanized into a complete artistic and spiritual masterpiece.
- However, commentators often interpret isolated cases of this process of inspiration, adoption, and re-valuation as indicative of the whole.
- First, you have to have artistic direction that provides inspiration and vision balanced with savvy business acumen.
- They also looked at stories by popular authors like Roald Dahl for a flash of creative inspiration.
- The core group's ongoing responsibility lies in providing inspiration and awareness through individual artistic dreams.
- She will continue to provide creative inspiration.
- Our collection is the culmination of innovation, hard work, inspiration and creativity.
- He kicked 21 points and, more importantly, provided the creative inspiration that led directly to at least two of the Aussies' tries.
- Cameron was confident that relaxing and re-creating in the midst of mountain splendour would uplift creative energies and artistic inspiration.
- Forty different gardens are shown, providing inspiration for wonderful creations for your own home, regardless of the season.
- But this was immediately challenged by Van de Velde's protest about the importance of individual artistic inspiration.
- Hence the emphasis on communication in her books, and the emphasis on artistic inspiration as a flash of objective vision.
- You'll be pleased to know relationships - especially with your own creative inspiration - are more responsive to play than to work right now.
- There are flashes of artistic inspiration and drive in an impromptu hip-hop dance battle and when the exhausted competitors compare post-rehearsal bruises.
1.2(encouragement, example)her bravery was a constant inspiration to her family — su valor fue una constante fuente de inspiración para su familia
- he was the inspiration behind her success — fue el inspirador de su éxito
- his hard work is an inspiration to us — su tesón nos sirve de estímulo
- As I recalled the plot of ‘Tommy’, my eyes lit up with a sudden inspiration.
- Kassie and Mike talked for another hour and a half, occasionally getting interrupted by something Mike had to do, or a sudden inspiration he had had.
- On a sudden inspiration, he chose the one with the youngest operator.
- Tzaer, having added all the ingredients, was about to put the cartridge into the pen when he had a sudden inspiration.
- You watch the show, you leave with a thought, a concept, an idea, an inspiration, something like that.
- With a sudden inspiration I improvised, changing the speech to fit the occasion.
- All of a sudden inspiration struck - I would call it Jabba.
- Sudden inspiration struck her, and she hurried over to the corner of the room.
- I stood back and looked at him, our mutual frustration apparent, when I had a sudden inspiration.
- He looked at the far wall and with a sudden inspiration, clapped the book shut.
- A sudden inspiration caused Jordan to hop out of bed and rummage through her desk drawer to find a pad of paper and pen.
- If your most brilliant inspirations strike after dark, you can swing two feet on the floor and wheel into gear with mobile office equipment (available from office supply stores or catalogs).
- Jerry, who had been working in other branches of the performing arts, wanted everyone he selected present for every hour of rehearsal in case he had a sudden inspiration.
- Jea got a sudden inspiration, she stuck out her arms and started turning and spinning in circles down the block, in the acid rain of New York City.
- All of which will remind you that moments of revelation, like sudden inspirations, should always be handled quite gingerly.
- Suddenly her face lit up as if she had been hit with a sudden inspiration.
- Suddenly the inspiration dawned on me and I told them some half-baked excuse about job cuts and being given a Free Transfer to Millhampton.
- He could tell from the distant look in Seira's eyes that the other boy had been struck with a sudden inspiration for a piece.
- I haven't figured out what happens next but that doesn't mean that I won't have a sudden inspiration.
- A great idea, an inspiration, is a gift from the Gods.
1.3(wonderful idea)idea genial feminineinspiración feminineI've just had an inspiration! — ¡se me acaba de ocurrir una idea genial!
2Physiologyinspiración feminineaspiración feminine
- Examiners compared observed systolic pressure between inspiration and expiration, and subtracted the two values.
- A 24 year old woman presented with sudden onset shortness of breath and chest pain that was worse on inspiration.
- It is easiest to hear breath sounds during inspiration and expiratory sounds are less well heard.
- Apnea duration was defined as the time between the end of inspiration of the breath preceding a central apnea and the onset of inspiration of the breath terminating the apnea.
- The process of taking air into the lungs is called inspiration, or inhalation, and the process of breathing it out is called expiration, or exhalation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.