In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This was played with delicacy, freshness, and youthful energy, and was inspirational.
- One does not have to look far for the inspirational source for this sentence.
- Lill's brilliance at the keyboard is an inspirational example of how talent can overcome adversity.
- He passed the ball accurately and made some tremendous inspirational runs down the left.
- His moving delivery and inspirational monologues give heart to the whole spectacle.
- Last night's ceremony was a moving and uplifting occasion as their inspirational stories were told.
- I want our captain to be inspirational, to say the right things off the pitch.
- This inspirational player broke round the blind side and was stopped just short of the try line.
- The inspirational blueprint for the city centre has been published to a generally positive reception.
- It is a wracking emotional journey which never strays from its inspirational purpose.
- He has mental toughness and is a strong character and an inspirational captain.
- Vic never wrote anything before his inspirational moment in the bath back in 1996.
- She says Mullan's attitude towards the realities of the creative process were inspirational.
- How far she was inspirational in the actual composition of the work remains essentially problematic.
- There have been some inspirational women who have shaped my life, but admittedly not many.
- Skilful, robust and inspirational players are plentiful in this part of the land.
- In any enterprise of this sort, it goes without saying there's going to be an inspirational man or woman behind it.
- As headteacher at Ifield Special School he has been dynamic, inspirational and innovative.
- It was an inspirational score and the students began to enjoy their best spell.
- Its current education programme is extensive, innovative and inspirational.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.