In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inspiradoI don't feel very inspired today — hoy no estoy muy inspirada
- it was inspired casting to give her that role — fue una inspiración elegirla para ese papel
- the orchids were an inspired choice — las orquídeas fueron todo un acierto
- I wasn't sure; it was just an inspired guess / idea — no estaba segura, fue solo una inspiración
- he played like a man inspired — tocó como por inspiración divina
- It was during this period that Stephen Hayden produced a series of inspired saves along with the industrious work of Lowry and Tom Dooley to keep the scoreline in balance.
- I have met and talked with many people who are open to inspired revelations outside the Bible.
- Far from it, Revelation is an inspired piece of writing in which God speaks to our hearts and raises our hopes and expectations.
- Although it was an inspired guess, I'm afraid we can tell you it's incorrect.
- Now, I am certain that priestly charism transubstantiates my lame lay prose into inspired revelation, but do not my efforts smack of presumption!
- In the second half, York lay siege to the Rotherham goal but found the visiting shot-stopper still in inspired form with saves to deny Joe Dale, Jamie Hopcutt and Tom Corner.
- Save for the occasional inspired moniker, they tend to be humdrum offerings.
- But for some inspired saves from City goalkeeper Mark Ovendale, United would surely have claimed not just a point but all three.
- Isn't my sputtering rather feeble compared to the inspired apocalyptic rants being posted by some world class ranters?
- In addition, he has both the star quality we were looking for and is an inspired lyricist.
- While hardly approaching August's inspired revelation, I think it gives a good picture of how this situation survives.
- Here, we have seventy-two songs, most of inspired creation and a good many of masterful quality.
- The film's greatest creative coup is the inspired casting of Mary Hilton.
- Thus, infallibility is a negative charism, not a positive act of inspired prophecy.
- Revelation is an inspired perspective on what the world looks like after God perfects it according to God s divine and judging will.
- We all tried to pin down that ineffable quality of inspired classroom activity that can't be made digital and stuffed down an Ethernet cable.
- Somebody in the US government is going to have to make an inspired guess, and the country will have to live with it for a very long time to come.
- You also have to guess the speed rating of the film in most instances, with the ASA value being an inspired guess by the manufacturer.
- Among his inspired predictions are a few that I'd say had better hurry up and be accomplished.
- But it had arisen from an act of inspired tinkering with what was still, in many respects, classical physics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.