In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1al instanteen el actoinstantáneamente
- Once inside, it is instantly obvious why this hotel's fame has spread far and wide.
- The person does not look different, so the problem is not instantly recognisable.
- He said the man, who was young and from the local area, was killed instantly.
- Unbelievably, he dropped his head onto her shoulder and fell asleep instantly.
- If you saw the film Rain Man this gift of instantly recalling certain information will be familiar.
- The box fell apart instantly and the whole content of the box slid out onto my desk and onto the floor.
- The cheeses for export are coated with red wax, which makes them instantly recognizable.
- It was bailed out instantly, but not before we had once again seen the truth of nuclear energy.
- Most blind people instantly recognise British bank notes by their different widths.
- All he does know is that when the moment comes, he will recognise it instantly.
- Seeing my eyes fall on the folder, he instantly extends his hand and gives me the folder.
- I'm not too keen on directors who think that monochrome instantly adds credibility.
- He instantly lifted his binoculars and looked in the direction of the sound.
- A perfect deluge of rain instantly followed, and the roads were quickly flooded.
- I don't think she'll fall instantly in love with him again and make the same mistake.
- On examining the log, the immediate cause of the error was instantly apparent.
- Sometimes I wish I was a writer whom people could instantly recognise by one of their plays.
- Oil massage and fresh fish caught and served instantly are a hit among tourists here.
- One of their films is instantly recognizable in a fashion that a Kazan film never is.
- My headache was even worse now so when I got back into the cabin I fell asleep almost instantly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.