In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1instinto masculinematernal/business instinct — instinto maternal/para los negocios
- the instinct for survival — el instinto de conservación / de supervivencia
- by instinct — por instinto
- my first instinct was to escape — mi primera reacción fue escapar
- all his instincts told him to remain silent — su intuición le decía que era mejor callarse
- This is a sociable little animal with strong maternal instincts.
- Animal instincts and senses proved to be far more effective than any man-made warning system.
- Nowhere in the wild is the maternal instinct more accessible than on the East African savanna, with its panoply of creatures and its wide vistas.
- In our seeking of mates and providing for offspring, we are driven by the same instincts as other animals.
- In Madagascar one character, a lion, must rediscover his predatory instincts to stay alive.
- Trained by himself from a colt, Adam knew he could always rely on him and trust the animal's instincts.
- So you can just allow your male/animal instincts to get the better of you and kill your girlfriend/wife?
- The meaning of human life would be reduced to the physical, base animal instincts, trapped within the contours of the body.
- This instinct caused animals to form close-knit, evenly spaced groups, as seen in real mammal herds and fish schools.
- But was her affection for him, her obvious attraction to him, based solely upon an instinct to reproduce and justify her feminine role in society?
- Surely the instincts that help keep animals in the wild from getting pudgy are available to us as well.
- Valentin aims to balance the cubs' need for care and attention with the wild instincts the growing animals need for survival.
- What she found there was the same thing she found in every other vampire's eyes: the cold chill of death and an instinct to kill.
- We make life manageable by creating social institutions that do for us what instincts do for other animals.
- As always, his cognitive thought processes were giving way to baser, animal instincts.
- The wildness of nature feeds our primal needs for extra-sensory stimulation and animal instincts.
- However high we want to place ourselves up the food chain, it can't hide our animal instincts in everyday situations.
- It's crazy how when dogs go feral, they re-gain all their lost instincts and behavior patterns.
- Even you have to surrender to your animal instincts every once in a while.
- Biologists also are interested in the honey bee's social instincts and behavioral traits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.