In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But there is little tolerance for guitarists, bodhrán players or other instrumentalists doing the same - they either come as ready-formed virtuosi, or leave their instruments at home.
- Given the radiantly musical performances for singers and instrumentalists alike, surely we could have been spared some of the unnecessary busyness.
- She also is the pianist for Meadowbrook Church and frequently accompanies instrumentalists and vocalists for competitions, auditions and recitals.
- Vocalists and instrumentalists can use them to provide accompaniment if a live accompanist is not available which probably is most of the time.
- Fortunately, with recordings and film aiding our memories, these singers, instrumentalists, conductors, and composers need never fade from memory, and they may live forever.
- These include solo, chamber music and concerto competitions, as well as ensemble festivals and competitions for string performers, vocalists, pianists and other instrumentalists.
- Unlike many other instrumentalists who control a musical tone from its beginning to its end, the pianist relinquishes control as soon as the sound is heard.
- The competition is open to pianists or string instrumentalists ages 13 through 19.
- That he is a superior instrumentalist, a thoughtful musician, a questing spirit, and a great charmer, no one doubts.
- These three singer/composer/instrumentalists deliver original pop songs interspersed with passionate renditions of Celtic and Eastern European folk tunes.
- Unlike most instrumentalists, pianists must perform on whatever instrument is made available to them.
- The conductor and the instrumentalists establish a French style in the overture.
- Set in the attractive surroundings of Canford School at historic Wimborne, Dorset, the school offers a variety of courses that are of interest to instrumentalists, singers, pianists and conductors.
- Among them were composers, instrumentalists, vocalists and lecturers in the theory of music.
- Is it any wonder that the stereotype of choral singers is that we have less musical skill than instrumentalists?
- Their rapid scherzos, fugal finales, and dependence on four equally engaging string players attest as much to the virtuosity of the instrumentalists employed at court as to Haydn's accomplishment.
- An exceptional singer, songwriter and skilled instrumentalist, Irish Music magazine hailed him as ‘one of the country's major folk voices’.
- Of the 44 instrumentalists, excluding pianists, who graduated in 1994, 36 alumni were interviewed for the article; eight members of the class could not be found.
- The singers and instrumentalists were placed on either side of the stage.
- This also is excellent preparation for accompanying other instrumentalists or vocalists and for composition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.