In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1insulina feminineinsulin treatment — tratamiento insulínico masculine
- It produces hormones called insulin and glucagons that enable the body to use sugars and store fats.
- It imitates the effects of insulin and boosts insulin release from the pancreas.
- The way your body responds to insulin, the hormone that controls your blood sugar level may be involved.
- They drew blood samples in the morning after an overnight fast and analysed blood glucose and serum insulin.
- The pancreas controlled glucose metabolism by generating a hormone they named insulin.
- Typically, it strikes kids and occurs when the pancreatic islets that produce insulin, die off.
- After meals, the hormone insulin acts to promote storage of glucose in the form of glycogen in the liver.
- Diabetes occurs when the body cannot make enough insulin, the hormone needed to convert food into energy.
- It develops when there is an insufficient amount of the natural hormone insulin.
- When you eat carbohydrates your body produces insulin which regulates your blood sugar levels and helps your body store fat.
- Diabetics do not produce enough insulin when blood glucose levels rise rapidly.
- It's caused by an insufficient level of insulin, a glucose regulating hormone.
- This happens because the pancreas releases insulin to get the blood sugar levels back to normal.
- If you give it to people with low blood sugar, both insulin and blood glucose levels improve.
- The far more common type 2 results from an inability to utilize the insulin the body produces.
- The pancreas secretes the hormone insulin which is the key to allowing glucose to enter the cells.
- In type II diabetes, the body does not produce enough insulin, or the cells in the body do not react properly to the insulin.
- When there is a shortage or lack of insulin, glucose will accumulate and diabetes will develop.
- The key, he believes, is insulin, a hormone secreted by the pancreas gland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.