In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Financepóliza de seguros feminine
- He had taken out an insurance policy to provide for any tax which would be due on the passing of his estate to his daughters.
- The insurance policy should cover the required risks for sufficient amount.
- It may well be that it will depend upon what the terms of the insurance policy are.
- If you look at an insurance policy there are five or six things that are excluded.
- Buying an insurance policy is risk management in one of its simplest forms.
- If the warning is strong enough, your insurance policy should pay out on a cancellation claim.
- It is simply that the defendant was informed that an insurance policy was going to be taken out.
- It's a voluntary insurance policy that will meet your monthly repayments if you fall ill, have an accident or lose your job.
- This meant that the mortgage could not be paid off by the proceeds of an insurance policy.
- The defendant was not named as a co-insured in the relevant insurance policy.
- In order for something to be extended, you need to have a marine insurance policy in place in the first instance.
- It allows a court to order the terms of a health insurance policy to be performed.
- As soon as you complete the purchase contract, an insurance policy is necessary.
- Although a rider is not an insurance policy in its own right, when read with the policy shell it can stand on its own.
- You must also have an insurance policy in place for your property prior to cheque issue.
- This is a life insurance policy and its proceeds will be used to pay off a mortgage loan in the event of death.
- Where an ambiguity in an insurance policy is found, we will construe it in favour of the insured.
- The husband made proposals to relieve the hardship including a life insurance policy and his offer was accepted by the court.
- A copy of the insurance policy so endorsed shall be provided to the Operator at the start of the hire period.
- He had been led to believe that an insurance policy had been taken out to cover legal costs.
2(precaution)medida preventiva feminineI bought it as an insurance policy — lo compré como medida preventiva / por si acaso
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.