In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formalinsurgente formalinsurrecto masculine formalinsurrecta feminine formalsublevado masculinesublevada feminine
- As for insurgents from other countries, the reports I've read said they constitute about 10 percent of the insurgent forces.
- To combat an insurgent force of between 3,000 and 6,000, British forces embarked on a brutal war.
- It was not difficult for the local population to differentiate between these constructive efforts and the often brutal, terroristic actions of insurgent forces.
- India has numerous armed insurgent groups, and suffers from frequently tense Muslim-Hindu relations that recently exploded into violence.
- In response, the British colonial rulers conspired with the leaders of the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League to divide the insurgent masses on a communal basis.
- It's a situation where the insurgent forces have to try to start a civil war and break up the different factions more so than they are now.
- This process of fission may then spread beyond the borders of the state itself, as refugee populations flee across the border, and as insurgent groups use frontier zones for their base camps.
- He has previous experience in helping the labor bureaucracy ward off an insurgent rank and file.
- A revised Plan Colombia must be directed toward substantive, flexible, and pragmatic peace negotiations with the insurgent groups.
- But the turning point of the film, the Warsaw Ghetto uprising where 40,000 insurgent Jews held off the Nazis for almost a month with few weapons, is watched from a distance.
- The were first formed in the sixties to protect against cold war menaces and insurgent forces such as the terrorist organization known as the London Underground.
- For example, in two communications, one targeting potential insurgent recruits and one active guerrillas, both should discourage resistance.
- The most foreboding of these trends involves insurgent and terrorist groups who fund their ideological agendas with drug money.
- No, I do not remember any crimes being committed, other than the work of terrorist organisations and insurgent forces.
- The insurgent terrorists have launched a day of mayhem.
- Elsewhere in the article an anonymous diplomat says the U.S. has a newfound willingness to negotiate with insurgent groups, a risky but potentially fruitful concession.
- Taking a page out of the tactics of Anglo-American imperialism in Italy, the Stalinist bureaucracy leaves the insurgent proletariat to be crushed by the retreating Nazis.
- The outer ring of the model contains fielded forces of insurgent fighters and terrorists.
- Yet, there are at least 24 insurgent groups active in the state.
- A cancer cell is like an insurgent terrorist with a very well-defined agenda.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.