In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine entradamasculine consumoa sharp intake of breath — una inhalación brusca
- She cut her food intake to 800 calories and exercised for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week.
- Whatever your goal is, the best way is to record what you are eating in a food diary so you can then check your calorie intake on a daily basis.
- Unless their food intake is strictly controlled, they can quickly become obese.
- When you diet or cut back on your food intake (cut calories) your fat cells become more resilient to giving out fat.
- Overweight people should increase the amount of exercise and reduce the amount of food intake to help reduce weight.
- All patients were told to cut their food intake by 600 calories daily.
- I do cut my food intake down to stupid amounts - like one meal a day.
- The important thing is to tailor the food intake to the amount of physical activity one undertakes.
- Food intake was calculated daily by subtracting the dried orts (uneaten food) from the amount of food offered every day.
- You don't need to increase your food intake for ‘age-related weight gain’ to occur.
- Table 3 displays seasonal daily intakes of vitamin D-fortified foods and multivitamin supplements.
- Women in the diet and exercise group reduced their food intake by 500 calories, essentially by avoiding fatty and sugary foods.
- Participants monitor their activity and their food intake throughout the program.
- But a food intake in excess of energy requirements leads to obesity.
- Change the quality and amount of your food intake.
- On days you exercise less or not at all, make up the difference by cutting more calories from your food intake.
- We monitored food intake and body mass daily as part of another study.
- Control your calorie intake to prevent excessive weight gain.
- We estimated the average daily intakes for seasonal foods by calculating the percentage of months that a food was on the market over a one year period.
- It all adds up and the excessive food and alcohol intake takes its toll on the body.
- During flight, the open air intakes feed air to the engines.
- The only signs of the burrowing molluscs are their water intake and outlet openings, just visible at the surface of a muddy seabed.
- Following the hand rails along the starboard side of the wreck we came to the ladder and davits for the gang plank before turning to cross the deck and past the numerous engine room air intakes.
- Water will be channelled via an old intake on the left bank about 150 metres upstream of Miners Bridge.
- Deflectors are installed on the engine air intakes to prevent ingestion of dust when taking off from unprepared pads.
- Volvo reduces the amount of noise escaping from the engine compartment by reducing the size of air intakes.
- The section of the river used by canoeists starts 1.5 kilometres below the water intake.
- The gas is fed under electronic control to a fuel cell where it mixes with oxygen in the air intake to create electricity and water.
- I'd be sharing decisions with the other guy, the reptile, the functionary whose usual job was to stoke the boiler and run the air and water intakes.
- The air intake might be clogged, so there is fuel but not enough air.
- Secondly, oil collects all the unwanted foreign matter like dirt and grime that gets sucked into the engine through the air intake.
- A Cox electrical anti-icing system is installed in the engine air intakes.
- Static ports need to be open and all air intakes, engine, cooling and even cabin air should be clear.
- The RF-84F featured engine air intakes at the wing roots plus cameras in the nose.
- Projects include dams, spillway and diversion channels, intakes, and distribution systems.
- Pipes led out to the water and the intakes were screened to prevent any solids being drawn into the pumps.
- The storm got sand in the engine intakes and eroded the fuel relays.
- The main wheels are retracted into the trunks of the engine air intakes.
- The BMW M6 has deeper front valance with air intakes for the engine and brakes, more contoured sills and rear valance that includes a diffuser to increase aerodynamic efficiency.
- The system contains its own fuel pump, air intake and exhaust including a small muffler, and operates independently of the engine.
(pipe, vent)toma feminine
de aire, agua etc.
3British(of trainees, students)an intake of 600 — una matrícula de 600
- this year's intake are very bright — los que entraron este año son muy buenos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.