In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intangibleintangible assets — activos inmateriales masculine
- Is the future earning potential of your business an intangible asset?
- How did intangible assets come to play such a central role at so many companies?
- It argued that the asset test wasn't relevant to start-up companies spending heavily on research and development, most of whose assets are intangible.
- Given its hazy nature, goodwill is designated as an intangible asset.
- Like the intangible assets measure, we computed export intensity as a five-year moving average.
- This is because the intangible assets such as goodwill are included in the shareholders' funds figure.
- There are no intangible assets on the balance sheet which might have helped to explain the extraordinary price.
- Here is a place to start: try calculating the total value of a company's intangible assets.
- A company's book value is its net asset value minus its intangible assets, current liabilities, long-term debt and equity issues.
- Another point is that the cost and value of goods and services include an ever-increasing percentage of intangible assets.
- If they had access to the inside information about intangible assets that managers have, it could only get worse.
- This means that most of the backing for the share price is goodwill, an intangible asset.
- If the purchase price exceeds the book value of the acquired company, an intangible asset or ‘goodwill’ is created on the balance sheet.
- Because many biotechnology firms do not have any revenues and their assets are usually intangible, the best measure of firm size in this industry is a headcount.
- Adjusted net earnings, of course, excludes the after-tax impact of amortisation of intangible assets and integration costs related to acquisitions.
- But, on average, intangible assets now represent about 80 percent of the market value of public companies.
- The balance sheet also includes intangible assets of $1.18 billion and long-term debt of $2 billion.
- Intellectual property law has to do with intangible assets, things like words, phrases, logos, and pictures.
- I'm not suggesting that intangible assets should be ignored.
- Physical as opposed to intangible assets in businesses in advanced economies such as Ireland's are reducing in importance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.