In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Parents should teach their children that honesty and integrity are traits that matter in life.
- Leaders should not only speak with forthright approach, but base it on their own strong sense of integrity and will to work.
- I knew him for years, travelled his country with him, and he was a man of strong character and integrity.
- Those who doubted, and they were few, spoke of a man of integrity with a strong commitment to republicanism.
- If the quality of integrity is absent in the person, how can it be present in his or her ideas?
- That meant that he'd cease to have the same integrity on policy and principle: you need to compromise to win elections.
- They felt that I was honest and full of integrity and business capabilities.
- While people may be sceptical about politicians who moralise, they are anxious to see them display integrity and principle.
- The nobility, integrity, and visionary qualities of the man are reflected in his music.
- However, honesty and integrity are not common traits to many, especially when the prize is irresistible.
- The President also demanded loyalty, integrity, and honest and hard work from his men and women he had chosen to work with.
- And this type of cruel activity tells a lot about the moral integrity of a person.
- Then again, integrity, honesty and character are not items that can be used to describe today's left.
- As such I would be looking for a long-term leader, someone with integrity and principles.
- But Frist has a solid record of integrity and a strong record as a humanitarian.
- He has enormous integrity and a clear moral code that he abides by.
- Every person has a responsibility to behave with integrity, honesty and fairness.
- He was a man of strong character and integrity who liked to understand things for himself.
- ‘A point has come where my moral integrity is on trial and I have to do what I feel is right,’ he said.
- May we instill in them the qualities of loyalty, integrity, and duty.
- This includes controls which are in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety.
- The negative consequences endanger Pakistan's integrity and solidarity.
- The key element is to preserve the activity and integrity of the specimen.
- The frame is braced with a steel support to preserve its integrity, and then the destructive fun begins.
- We shall respect the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of all our neighbours.
- It therefore meant to undermine the territorial integrity of Greece.
- Our constitution is a symbol of plurality, equality, justice, harmony, unity and integrity.
- If we want our own rights to bodily integrity preserved, we have no choice but to uphold hers.
- Ideas of territorial integrity and the ownership of territory are very strong.
- Note also its traditional reference to territorial integrity.
- Games which break the constitution, threaten national unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity will be banned.
- Territorial integrity of Bulgaria is not under danger, nor is that of most countries around the world.
- If the country's territorial integrity is to be respected, they must somehow work together.
- An alliance with Britain would offer no guarantees with regard to territorial integrity of the Netherlands in Europe.
- We want an Iraq that preserves its territorial integrity, its unity and its sovereignty.
- A question has emerged on the territorial integrity of the country.
- The Paris treaty of Peace signed in 1946 secured Bulgaria's territorial integrity.
- The principle of maintaining the territorial integrity of states remained sacrosanct.
- His objective of subverting the unity and territorial integrity of India remains unchanged.
- Yeltsin had made repeated overtures to the Chechens to preserve Russia's territorial integrity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.