In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tegumento masculine formal
- The outer integument remains two cell layers thick throughout development and does not contribute to the micropyle.
- During development of the ovule, the inner of the two integuments disappears, while the outer integument differentiates into different layers of the seed coat.
- Legumes possess highly differentiated seed coats that arise from the inner and outer integuments of the ovule.
- The integument is a layer of tissue found in all seeds; it is produced by the parent plant, and develops into the seed coat.
- Hosts may be infected via the integument or via the gut epithelium.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.