In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of search, activity) intensificación feminine(of fighting, problems) recrudecimiento masculine
- The policy in this area will be based on intensification and extension of the tax base.
- Political globalization refers to the intensification and expansion of political interrelations across the globe.
- Did changes in the intensification of farming lead to magnified problems?
- He added that for Irish rail services to develop there must an intensification, not a downgrading of operations.
- To think that an intensification will improve things is so absurd as to defy analysis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.