In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inhumar formalsepultar formalenterrar
- The first to be interred there was Edward IV, who ordered work on building the chapel to be started in 1475.
- On Tuesday his requiem Mass took place and following this he was interred in the family grave in the adjoining cemetery.
- Because of the tropical climate, the bodies are interred within two days.
- He said thereafter that Alban departed on the day Estelle was interred in the earth.
- After the funeral services Mr Grier was interred in the local cemetery.
- The body is usually interred on ancestral land or in the church cemetery.
- His friends broke several laws by transporting Abbey's corpse without a permit, interring him illegally on federal land, and forging a death certificate.
- And at far too young an age, they are now interred in that Ohio soil they once walked on.
- He asked to be buried there, and although he was initially interred in Spain after his death in 1506, his body was later moved to the island.
- After the funeral, Cpt Guy's body was interred in Skipton cemetery at a private ceremony.
- John's remains were interred on Sunday, July 21st and Kathleen was laid to rest the following day.
- Could they have religious reasons for not interring the bodies of their dead?
- Mona was interred in Baltinglass cemetery following a huge funeral in St Joseph's Church on Saturday.
- His family cannot afford a burial place so he is interred in a borrowed tomb.
- He was interred in the adjoining cemetery following requiem mass.
- He will be interred next to his beloved wife in the cathedral's crypt.
- Her remains were interred in the family burial ground in Calvary Cemetery.
- Joseph, who is survived by his wife Ellen, three children, brothers and sister, will be interred in London.
- Mrs. Conlan's remains were interred in Barrettstown cemetery on Friday morning.
- Mrs. Byrne's remains were interred in Milltown cemetery on Monday of last week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.