In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inhumar formalsepultar formalenterrar
- Joseph, who is survived by his wife Ellen, three children, brothers and sister, will be interred in London.
- The body is usually interred on ancestral land or in the church cemetery.
- Mrs. Byrne's remains were interred in Milltown cemetery on Monday of last week.
- The first to be interred there was Edward IV, who ordered work on building the chapel to be started in 1475.
- Her remains were interred in the family burial ground in Calvary Cemetery.
- His friends broke several laws by transporting Abbey's corpse without a permit, interring him illegally on federal land, and forging a death certificate.
- Mona was interred in Baltinglass cemetery following a huge funeral in St Joseph's Church on Saturday.
- He said thereafter that Alban departed on the day Estelle was interred in the earth.
- Mrs. Conlan's remains were interred in Barrettstown cemetery on Friday morning.
- And at far too young an age, they are now interred in that Ohio soil they once walked on.
- Because of the tropical climate, the bodies are interred within two days.
- Could they have religious reasons for not interring the bodies of their dead?
- His family cannot afford a burial place so he is interred in a borrowed tomb.
- After the funeral, Cpt Guy's body was interred in Skipton cemetery at a private ceremony.
- After the funeral services Mr Grier was interred in the local cemetery.
- John's remains were interred on Sunday, July 21st and Kathleen was laid to rest the following day.
- He asked to be buried there, and although he was initially interred in Spain after his death in 1506, his body was later moved to the island.
- On Tuesday his requiem Mass took place and following this he was interred in the family grave in the adjoining cemetery.
- He will be interred next to his beloved wife in the cathedral's crypt.
- He was interred in the adjoining cemetery following requiem mass.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.