In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is noteworthy, that their grades are higher during those semesters in which they are actively participating in intercollegiate athletics.
- The sharp increase in the number of men's intercollegiate sports that have been dropped over the past 30 years is cited to prove the case.
- His death caused the abolition of intercollegiate boxing as a major sport.
- Of particular concern, Carter says, is a dramatic increase in the amount of money going into intercollegiate sports.
- Even with record revenue flowing in, including new streams from cable channels exclusively covering college sports, most intercollegiate athletic programs lose money.
- Topics span career services, partying behavior, intergroup relations, student health, resident life, academic counseling and intercollegiate athletics.
- The closest he gets to the sports scene nowadays is covering intercollegiate athletics for the University newspaper.
- Iowa State's intercollegiate athletics received NCAA certification in May.
- The success of women's sport, and particularly intercollegiate basketball, brings with it other issues stemming from the corrupting effects of success and money.
- He explicitly asks why universities should conduct intercollegiate athletics in the first place.
- Three finalists were on campus this week to interview for the director of intercollegiate athletics position, following a two-month search process.
- These range from intercollegiate athletics to veterinary medicine.
- When we speak of intercollegiate sports, it is important to note that they have become so diverse that we must first group them into categories.
- Briggs won back-to-back national intercollegiate titles and captained Harvard his senior year to a national title.
- Exposure during intercollegiate sports and military training was also calculated to the nearest hour.
- Such an expectation is silly, at least absent evidence that male and female interest in participating in intercollegiate sports is equal.
- They are also skeptical about intercollegiate athletics and campus activities related to distance learning.
- Over this 10-year period, approximately 6000 athletes were involved in intercollegiate athletics at the University of Minnesota.
- Data were collected from intercollegiate athletes at five universities during the Fall 2000 semester.
- It recommends the establishment of an independent institute for intercollegiate athletics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.