In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The proposed system is supposed to intercept intercontinental ballistic missiles minutes after launch, while their rocket boosters are still burning.
- One way this could occur is with the development of intercontinental ballistic travel.
- In a fairly short time, it could have an intercontinental capability.
- The fee charged by British Airways will be 20 euro, the same for European and intercontinental flights.
- On intercontinental flights that last as long as 20 hours, four pilots rotate with only one takeoff and one landing to hone their flying skills.
- The speed of travel favours intercontinental spread of disease.
- History has shown it to be an ideal staging post for intercontinental trade.
- The prosecution told the jury the men ran the intercontinental smuggling operation along strict business lines.
- If they had intercontinental ballistic missiles and hydrogen bombs, they'd use those.
- Two months later, she and he took separate intercontinental flights to Calcutta.
- It would have been hard to say otherwise of what is obviously an intercontinental epidemic.
- Even the longest intercontinental flights are briefer than the incubation period of any human infectious disease.
- Larger rockets to carry nuclear bombs on intercontinental flights were developed during the Cold War.
- It has 5,286 nuclear warheads and 2,922 intercontinental missiles.
- Well, it's interesting that the way space travel started was through intercontinental missiles and rockets and then we had the shuttle, which looked a bit more like a plane.
- Airline travel has now supplanted travel in ocean liners as the principal means of intercontinental travel, and the same three class structure has asserted itself.
- He has been driving a long time but only for about six months on intercontinental journeys.
- The world's fastest-growing intercontinental airline will initially launch three non-stop flights a week to the Seychelles.
- An intercontinental ballistic missile has a range of more than 5,500 km.
- Of course, this also means affordable, private intercontinental ballistic missiles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.