In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It will be unveiled during the interdenominational service on a new plinth and is the first permanent memorial to the dead.
- Eighteen churches throughout the Indonesian archipelago support this interdenominational Christian university.
- You may enjoy quiet time in the interdenominational chapel and view a waterfall through the window.
- Most Baptist churches used either interdenominational materials or Southern Baptist materials.
- As the years passed, Quakers, Baptists, Methodists, and an interdenominational Protestant group called the New York Missionary Society joined the effort of proselytizing the Iroquois.
- It is committed to The Westminster Confession of Faith, but is interdenominational in that it seeks to serve a variety of church communities.
- This will be followed by an interdenominational prayer service.
- It is Roman Catholic in its tradition, but interdenominational in its outlook.
- Priest Paul Haworth said: ‘For some people, interdenominational services can be a bit challenging.’
- There was a large interdenominational gathering to participate in the hour-long service.
- It was interdenominational, with a different minister travelling out from town each week, giving sermons alternately in English and Afrikaans.
- The issue of getting an interdenominational church at Daisy Hill Hospital is one which is close to my heart.
- Located in Salt Lake City, the seminary is an interdenominational school of biblical and theological studies.
- The weekend begins in Castlecomer Church on Friday evening and finishes with an interdenominational service in St. Mary's Church on Sunday morning at 11 o'clock.
- The service was interdenominational and the theme was ‘In faith, women shape the future.’
- This international and interdenominational service was compiled by the women of Romania.
- The interdenominational women's organization issued a news release following its January 27 meeting with denominational representatives.
- This was followed by a packed interdenominational service in the church, led by the Reverend Simon Wilkinson, before wreaths were laid at the town's war memorial.
- You've been a Christian educator for many years, and in fact you're a minister of the church, an interdenominational church, is that right?
- It was also an interdenominational event and readers from both church communities narrated the passion story.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.