In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Most Baptist churches used either interdenominational materials or Southern Baptist materials.
- Eighteen churches throughout the Indonesian archipelago support this interdenominational Christian university.
- Priest Paul Haworth said: ‘For some people, interdenominational services can be a bit challenging.’
- There was a large interdenominational gathering to participate in the hour-long service.
- It was interdenominational, with a different minister travelling out from town each week, giving sermons alternately in English and Afrikaans.
- Located in Salt Lake City, the seminary is an interdenominational school of biblical and theological studies.
- It is Roman Catholic in its tradition, but interdenominational in its outlook.
- It is committed to The Westminster Confession of Faith, but is interdenominational in that it seeks to serve a variety of church communities.
- As the years passed, Quakers, Baptists, Methodists, and an interdenominational Protestant group called the New York Missionary Society joined the effort of proselytizing the Iroquois.
- The weekend begins in Castlecomer Church on Friday evening and finishes with an interdenominational service in St. Mary's Church on Sunday morning at 11 o'clock.
- This will be followed by an interdenominational prayer service.
- The issue of getting an interdenominational church at Daisy Hill Hospital is one which is close to my heart.
- You've been a Christian educator for many years, and in fact you're a minister of the church, an interdenominational church, is that right?
- This was followed by a packed interdenominational service in the church, led by the Reverend Simon Wilkinson, before wreaths were laid at the town's war memorial.
- It was also an interdenominational event and readers from both church communities narrated the passion story.
- You may enjoy quiet time in the interdenominational chapel and view a waterfall through the window.
- It will be unveiled during the interdenominational service on a new plinth and is the first permanent memorial to the dead.
- The service was interdenominational and the theme was ‘In faith, women shape the future.’
- The interdenominational women's organization issued a news release following its January 27 meeting with denominational representatives.
- This international and interdenominational service was compiled by the women of Romania.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.