In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An interdepartmental committee, set up to examine the legal and constitutional difficulties, is close to completing its work.
- An interdepartmental committee was formed to bring in a legislative framework.
- ‘We need a more cohesive approach and one interdepartmental body would achieve this,’ Ms Maddock stated.
- The question of making the grant available was one for interdepartmental consideration and a decision would probably be made at an early date.
- An interdepartmental committee set up in 1903 drew a shocking picture of the nation's children - malnourished, poorly housed, and deprived.
- So it wasn't just a failure of technology, it was a failure of interdepartmental planning and coordination.
- In a statement on October 17, the Health Ministry said that an interdepartmental bird flu crisis task force had started work.
- In Canada, the issue is being considered by an interdepartmental committee.
- The department has just published draft guidance from an interdepartmental group for consultation.
- Also, interdepartmental coordination should improve.
- An interdepartmental government committee was also established by the power sharing regime as ministers try to resolve the deep rooted problems.
- Parliament voted on September 10 to create an interdepartmental commission of inquiry to try to track down investments made in Bulgarian overseas companies.
- Their own responsibilities or their membership of many interdepartmental committees bring them into contact with other departments.
- Managing and promoting this interdepartmental program with faculty from four departments required an academic paradigm shift.
- Interdisciplinary studies courses frequently are arranged through interdepartmental programs in which more than two academic departments offer courses together.
- There was interdepartmental squabbling, interfaculty squabbling.
- I gather a recent London interdepartmental meeting considered the question and decided to continue to receive the material.
- Of course, I immediately grabbed one and used it for all of my interdepartmental correspondence.
- The action plan published by the interdepartmental committee on science, technology and innovation called for more investment in R & D in the coming decade.
- The audit was done by an interdepartmental committee set up to help cushion the poor against rising food prices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.