In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
adjective & adverb
- I got it on interest-free credit, and paid it off £50 a month for six months.
- However, with a 0% card, you can enjoy up to a year's interest-free credit on new spending.
- When buying goods, be wary of interest-free deals, because the cost of the credit is built into the price of the item.
- Fees will be covered by an interest-free loan, repayable once a graduate's annual income passes £15,000.
- It is concerned that customers fail to understand that any credit is only interest-free if the bill is paid in full at the end of the month.
- Her problem was made worse over a mix-up at the bank over what constituted a year's interest-free credit.
- The bank did offer a compromise of a three-month interest-free period to help her pay back the money.
- After that it can be switched onto an interest-free refinancing loan, which gives three years free borrowing in total.
- Most credit card providers will offer up to 56 days interest-free credit on purchases.
- If you need to borrow money for six months or less, you can do it interest-free with a credit card.
- Otherwise you are simply giving your bank an interest-free loan.
- There are more than 30 cards that offer interest-free periods of six months.
- Students are also being urged to check the costs of exceeding their interest-free overdraft limit because charges can be steep.
- This interest-free breathing space is a great opportunity to throw money at your debt and kill it off faster.
- The first priority for every student should be to find an account that offers an interest-free overdraft and charges no fees.
- The maximum number of interest-free days will also drop from 56 to 46.
- Cash hidden for years is being offered by criminals in interest-free loans in a bid to launder money quickly.
- Most bank packages have an interest-free overdraft element.
- Customers were also given an interest-free overdraft until August.
- It is also gives interest-free loans to the poorest of the poor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.