In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For most of this essay my explicit focus has been interfaith dialogue.
- But why would the Vatican make such claims after three decades of ecumenical and interfaith dialogue?
- We all want constructive interfaith dialogue.
- Of course, many would argue right now the huge issue is in fact interfaith dialogue and interfaith harmony.
- Both Muslims and Christians here agree on the urgent need for interfaith dialogue to bridge the religious gap.
- I'm keen to know if there are concrete, significant scale examples of interfaith dialogue work having any impact.
- We'll ask our interfaith panel about how he reached out to other religions.
- They meet weekly for panels, dialogues, interfaith services and strategy sessions to craft their message.
- Church interfaith dialogues were determinant in the development of this policy.
- The untangling of church and state paved the way for interfaith cooperation among religious sects.
- The celebrations started with an interfaith prayer.
- I am the product of an interfaith and intercultural marriage.
- He sought to allay fears that he would set back attempts at interfaith dialogue.
- The pope has called an interfaith conference, I believe, for Rome in January.
- And then there is the prohibition of interfaith marriages.
- As a Roman Catholic and a scholar whose research focuses on Islam, I am frequently involved in interfaith dialogue.
- As a result, interfaith co-operation, including religious services, is regarded as a key to racial harmony and social order.
- Well, religious leaders will be gathering in New Orleans to discuss interfaith relief efforts tomorrow.
- It was organised by an interfaith discussion group who have been using the centre for ten years.
- The Government has taken steps to promote interfaith understanding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.