In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of house)decoración feminine
- The place is a pinnacle of interior decoration for a coffee shop.
- She has been using images from popular culture to create images which refer to a traditional form of interior decoration.
- Many a dealer spends a fortune on interior decoration, lighting and innovative display techniques.
- Not many know that the artiste has a refined taste for interior decoration.
- It is, in essence, interior decoration for renters.
- The property was completely refurbished just 12 years ago and is only in need of interior decoration and fittings.
- The interior decoration in the public areas will also soon be finished.
- The garden is looking good, the fish pond is planted and cleaning up nicely with its new filtration system, and the workshop is now weatherproof and ready for interior decoration.
- He was famed for his work in stained and painted glass, interior decoration, and furniture design.
- Indeed, the squiggle-painted decoration in the original kitchen is representative of interior decoration in its earliest incarnation in America.
- Finally, she told me I ‘had artistic leanings and would succeed in the world of interior decorating.’
- As the concept of interior decoration is gaining popularity, handcrafted materials made in the traditional style are much sought after to beautify a place.
- To attract more high-profile customers, he set aside nearly 10,000 dollars for interior decoration.
- We have bought the snooker tables and the building price includes interior decoration.
- That's £24,000 for things like holidays, interior decoration, digital cameras, mobile phones, Botox injections and all the other pleasures afforded by modern life.
- He also had a soft spot for interior decoration.
- He also put over 1 million yuan into interior decoration.
- If you have a new apartment and a lot of money, would you rather spend it on long-term interior decoration or on a set of nice furniture?
- Apart from fiction, there are books on medicine, history, interior decoration, travel, cookery, fashion designing and puzzles.
- Along with flowerpots and utensils, they also sell decorated vases and other accessories for interior decoration like earthen bells.
2(profession)interiorismo masculinedecoración (de interiores) feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.