In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1interlocutor masculine formalinterlocutora feminine formal
- The researchers constructed hypothetical conversations that differed in terms of their interlocutors, place, and topic.
- This is the response I wrote to one of my interlocutors in the comments.
- But that's not what my interlocutors, particularly the German ones, really want.
- All of these narratives unfold partly as dialogues with what seem to be sympathetic but ineffectual interlocutors, perhaps lawyers.
- This is why the current engagement between my interlocutors and myself is particularly valuable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.