In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(step/stage/point) intermedio(level/size/weight) medio(size/weight/level) intermedio(stopover/halt) intermedio(course) de nivel medio(course) de nivel intermediointermediate-range weapon — arma de alcance intermedio feminine
- The proportions of the distal limb bones in theropods were generally intermediate between the extremes of cheetah and elephant.
- None of these hills are particularly spectacular, mind you, but they offer a change of scenery and are more than fine for beginning or intermediate skiers.
- Mark describes in greater detail the intermediate stage.
- Thus, we assume the cost of active foraging is intermediate between the costs of rest and short flight.
- There are only 10 miles or so of slopes, though, and even intermediate skiers will quickly become bored, although it is possible to liven things up by going off-piste and cutting through the forest.
- The divergence of the P elements is intermediate between that of each of the two host genes.
- In all, there are 19 runs with most geared towards the intermediate or advanced skier.
- This wonderful piano piece has the ‘devil in the details’ and is a challenge for the advanced intermediate performer, as well as seasoned professionals.
- This makes it great for families and intermediate skiers.
- Lung burdens of asbestos in these cases are intermediate between asbestosis and pleural plaques.
- However, improvisation is not mentioned or encouraged, and the chord changes would require an above average degree of improvisational skill for an intermediate student.
- This effect is most noticeable with a gas and least noticeable with a solid, with a liquid being intermediate between the two extremes.
- Les Carroz itself is a surprisingly big and sparsely used area, well suited to families and intermediate skiers.
- This sit-on-top is fun for intermediate to advanced paddlers who are ready for the challenge of medium to large surf.
- Therefore, the BMV presents characteristics that are intermediate between proteins and colloids.
- This is a book designed for intermediate to advanced readers, which means it adds more details than a beginner may expect.
- Closer to home, Eddie The Eagle himself is giving lessons at the Tamworth Snowdome for intermediate skiers between January and March.
- Twenty-eight plants were intermediate between these two groups.
- Many other information functions are possible, but plausible functions mostly combine elements of our two functions and therefore are intermediate between them.
- In many respects, private nonprofit programs were intermediate between public and for-profit programs.
- It turns out that Chuck is not quite the intermediate skier he said he was.
- The bonding between the ligand and the metal ion is intermediate between covalent and electrostatic.
- Most hang glider manufacturers want to sell their ‘intermediate’ gliders to both intermediate pilots and advanced pilots.
- The classical repertoire will feature orchestral performances by first year, intermediate, and advanced students.
- This is intermediate between recently proposed values for polar and nonpolar contacts.
- Most polyploids are intermediate between these two extremes.
- This phenotype is intermediate between the two homozygotes and therefore no complementation is observed.
- Swing trading is actually one of the best trading styles for the beginning trader to get his or her feet wet, but it still offers significant profit potential for intermediate and advanced traders.
- Its glass composition is somewhat intermediate between the other two glass chemistry groups, so this group could alternatively be a hybrid.
- I've had four years of high school level French classes, and would consider myself advanced intermediate level at best.
- In liquid crystals, the degree of order is intermediate between these extremes.
- There are graded exercises for beginning, intermediate and advanced jazz dancers.
- Physical compaction is intermediate between these two groups.
- These are the fundamental plans that introduce beginners to the basic lifts and raise the intensity and volume for intermediate and advanced trainers.
- Hybrids were intermediate between the parental species in pairing success.
- When training for mass, intermediate and advanced lifters should work the back from top to bottom; hence the variety of exercises in this routine.
- Phenotypes that are intermediate between typicals and carbonaria are called insularia.
- With a full week to rest your chest between sessions and a reduced workload for other muscles, intermediate and advanced trainers should thrive on this routine.
- The slopes are mostly short but steep and are suitable for beginners, intermediate and advance skiers.
- The actual mortality rate is probably intermediate between these values, because captive birds may be exposed to the added stress of unfamiliar conditions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.