In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1huésped intermediario masculine
- Their life cycles depend on domesticated cattle and swine as intermediate hosts.
- That the mosquito was the intermediate host of the filarial parasite was a momentous discovery in 1877.
- Our biggest nightmare is that an intermediate host is out there carrying the virus and passing it onto other animals.
- This is because snails are the intermediate host to the parasite, which is released into shallow water, and then infects ducks and people.
- Cats are the usual final host of this protozoan; but other mammals - including humans - and birds, can become intermediate hosts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.