In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In a solid, the molecules are in close contact, and there is little intermolecular movement.
- It is quite possible that some kinetic pathway is overwhelmingly enhanced or entirely blocked due to intermolecular interactions or molecular packing.
- Each sodium molecule is held in place adjacent to the next molecule by weak intermolecular forces.
- Moreover the now-effective intermolecular forces cause the molecules to arrange themselves into ordered groups.
- When there are stronger intermolecular forces between the molecules of a liquid, the surface tension should be greater.
- Brownian dynamics is a powerful theoretical method to study intermolecular interactions in solution.
- With the formation of intermolecular cross-links, the proportion of fast-reassociating DNA should increase.
- Its value is dependent on intermolecular forces in the liquid and the molecular complexity of the compound.
- They are stretched and aligned in a way that will eventually allow them to form strong intermolecular links.
- In fact, even in liquids and solids intermolecular interactions are only strong for molecules that are next to each other.
- Some elements, such as the Noble Gases, exist with intermolecular forces and no bonding at all.
- Most of the intermolecular forces are identical to bonding between atoms in a single molecule.
- This kind of analysis can provide some information about the arrangement of acceptor molecules and intermolecular interactions.
- Both intermolecular and intramolecular DNA condensation has been observed experimentally.
- These forces are called intermolecular forces, and are in general much weaker than the intramolecular forces.
- These interactions are attractions and repulsions due to intermolecular forces and the fact that the molecules have a definite size.
- An intermolecular pair interaction between water molecules is also introduced.
- The other factor adding to the failure of the law of partial pressures at high pressure is the presence of weak, intermolecular forces.
- The molecular model for ceramide channels is based on the ability of ceramide molecules to form intermolecular hydrogen bonds.
- To understand the differences in properties of larger molecules, the additivity of intermolecular interactions becomes important.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.