In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Depression is seen by many as something shameful or embarrassing, and it's very easy to internalize that attitude.
- This is the key to internalizing the gratitude attitude.
- Of course many of us have internalized toxic attitudes such as racism and homophobia, Gage writes.
- At the moment many people have internalised corrupt behaviour as normal in their daily lives.
- Stigma is often internalized by individuals with mental illness, leading to hopelessness, lower self-esteem, and isolation.
- This silent period helps them internalize the rules of the language they are exposed to.
- It says the student who memorizes poetry will internalize the rhythmic, beautiful patterns of the English language.
- The syntactic structures of written English are less likely to have been internalized by second language students in the region.
- Initially, students only have to listen to internalize the sounds of the language.
- It appears that millions had begun to internalize the language of the regime, to take at face value its claims to be building socialism.
- Joey had internalized the language from our session, and was able to access and transform it for use in a later conversation.
- Not that they don't want to help, man, they always do, and they always try, but since they were born with the language, they have internalized all the rules and pattern and exception.
- Both deconstruction and structuralism asserted that people are culturally and socially constructed, and that they internalize culture much in the same way that they internalize a natural language.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.