In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And then, I would try to internationalize this whole effort as quickly as possible so America couldn't be the source of continuing resentment and violence.
- All this talk about internationalizing the war leaves me cold because it isn't going to happen.
- So anticipating those additional costs, we thought we would internationalize them, instead of having our troops taking virtual all the risk and our taxpayers paying all of the bill.
- He has sought to deflect criticism from himself by trying to internationalise the conflict.
- By internationalizing a conflict or political dispute, non-state dissident actors give themselves access to a broader range of resources not available domestically.
- I think it's very important that we internationalize this occupation.
- I do think we ought to internationalize elections.
- He believes in internationalizing the situation.
- The only way to avoid such pitfalls would be to totally internationalize the creation of the governing institutions and democratic structures.
- The American organized labor movement needs to internationalize its organizing and unification efforts.
- It's internationalizing the conflict even more.
- Other than that, the recommendations are uncannily familiar: We must internationalize our conflicts.
- India is wary of internationalizing the problem.
- We failed, in No. 4, to internationalize the effort
- If we do that, and at the same time, internationalize the project sufficiently, then there will be an easy way for creators to signal the freedoms they intend to run with their work.
- The key is that there is absolutely no strategic, moral, or diplomatic reason why internationalizing the occupation has to be seen as a failure.
- Deploying foreign forces to the strait, which is part of the territorial sea and economic zone of the littoral states, would infringe upon the sovereign rights of those states and would internationalize the strait.
- You've talked about the need to internationalize the operation there.
- But these are better viewed, like the term ‘common concern’ as expressions of the common interest of all states in certain forms of ecological protection, and not as attempts to internationalize ownership of resources.
- In effect, it was Russian generals and their turncoat allies who internationalized a war that should never have begun and which could have been peaceably resolved long ago.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.