In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And then, I would try to internationalize this whole effort as quickly as possible so America couldn't be the source of continuing resentment and violence.
- We failed, in No. 4, to internationalize the effort
- So anticipating those additional costs, we thought we would internationalize them, instead of having our troops taking virtual all the risk and our taxpayers paying all of the bill.
- He believes in internationalizing the situation.
- But these are better viewed, like the term ‘common concern’ as expressions of the common interest of all states in certain forms of ecological protection, and not as attempts to internationalize ownership of resources.
- The only way to avoid such pitfalls would be to totally internationalize the creation of the governing institutions and democratic structures.
- I think it's very important that we internationalize this occupation.
- He has sought to deflect criticism from himself by trying to internationalise the conflict.
- If we do that, and at the same time, internationalize the project sufficiently, then there will be an easy way for creators to signal the freedoms they intend to run with their work.
- It's internationalizing the conflict even more.
- India is wary of internationalizing the problem.
- By internationalizing a conflict or political dispute, non-state dissident actors give themselves access to a broader range of resources not available domestically.
- All this talk about internationalizing the war leaves me cold because it isn't going to happen.
- In effect, it was Russian generals and their turncoat allies who internationalized a war that should never have begun and which could have been peaceably resolved long ago.
- Other than that, the recommendations are uncannily familiar: We must internationalize our conflicts.
- The American organized labor movement needs to internationalize its organizing and unification efforts.
- You've talked about the need to internationalize the operation there.
- Deploying foreign forces to the strait, which is part of the territorial sea and economic zone of the littoral states, would infringe upon the sovereign rights of those states and would internationalize the strait.
- I do think we ought to internationalize elections.
- The key is that there is absolutely no strategic, moral, or diplomatic reason why internationalizing the occupation has to be seen as a failure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.