In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cibercafé masculinecafé Internet masculine
- In some countries they have cameras in internet cafes to track political dissidents.
- Especially delightful was the independent record store/bookstore/cafe / internet cafe with a rooftop bar.
- I couldn't resist the allure of my favorite internet cafe.
- Which is a definite comfort plus, I think, especially for travellers who don't mind using internet cafes, or for students.
- Customers surf the web at an internet cafe in Beijing.
- I am presently in an internet cafe in Manchester.
- Oh yes, we have an internet cafe at work.
- I would be interested in knowing how he was traced to computers at internet cafes.
- This month, the government has started to require dozens of Internet cafes to register with the government or be closed.
- Last month a group with the same name issued a statement claiming to be behind the bombings of some local internet cafes.
- You can also use a PC in a classroom based on campus or in a public library or internet cafe.
- The closures were the result of a three month inspection of around 60,000 Internet cafes nationwide.
- Now the whole concept of the Internet cafe is fine.
- The booth is in an area with a number of internet cafes, whose signs are obviously new.
- On our way home I go to an internet cafe called Wired Entertainment.
- In April, the government imposed a ban on youth under 18 from using Internet cafes on school days and at night.
- Also there are several well advertised internet cafes in Scarborough.
- Meanwhile, I was hanging out at an internet cafe loading pictures to the blog.
- There is a valuable income derived from the overhead internet cafe, currently let on a short-term basis.
- What I wanted was, well, an internet cafe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.