In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Its principal responsibilities are to support interplanetary spacecraft missions and radio and radar astronomy observations.
- But on interplanetary missions, astronauts will experience this damaging radiation full force.
- These flowing charged particles constitute and interact with an interplanetary magnetic field.
- In interplanetary space, the fast wind often collides with the slow wind.
- In addition, most upper stages that are used to propel systems to high orbits or even into interplanetary trajectories are also solid-fuel systems.
- Generally a spacecraft is first placed in an Earth parking orbit, and from there is given another boost to give it the appropriate interplanetary trajectory.
- However, planning interplanetary journeys is more complicated than just taking account of the distances.
- For interplanetary missions, such windows are much stricter than for satellites orbiting the Earth.
- Fragments of asteroids and comets pervade interplanetary space.
- Parker also showed how the solar wind would carry the solar magnetic field into interplanetary space.
- Modern interplanetary spacecraft explore their target planets and moons with the aid of robots, and these robots are also becoming very small.
- The ringed world of Saturn is almost a year of interplanetary travel away.
- If plans for interplanetary human space missions are to be realised, with a return journey of up to a couple of years, future astronauts will have to be able to act during a medical emergency.
- That means interplanetary missions would no longer need to wait for a ‘shortest journey’ launch window.
- The shuttle was everyone's competitor, from small low Earth orbit payloads to big interplanetary missions.
- The amount and efficiency of the energy released by fusion makes it a good candidate for interplanetary travel.
- Orion was originally designed as an interplanetary spacecraft for missions to the Moon or Mars, but the design was adapted for interstellar travel.
- The Judges would select a developing planet that was about to develop interplanetary travel to which to send a subject for five years.
- The real payoff in present terms is the spinoff technology that will be used for future lunar and interplanetary missions.
- I am now personally accountable for some of the solar system's interplanetary debris.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.