In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Only a few cinemas were equipped with earphones through which to hear interpreters translating the dialogues in the films for the audiences.
- Only a few English and Canadian personnel remained, mostly acting as translators and interpreters.
- There is often a need to employ interpreters to assist with interviews, in some cases working in dialects from remote parts of the world.
- That does not include the cost for medical expenses, interpreters and lawyers.
- She says many Bulgarians speak excellent English and there is no shortage of interpreters or translators.
- An additional expense may be the cost of translations and interpreters.
- The British interpreter gave his version to the Russian interpreter who then translated for Stalin.
- Thousands of translators and interpreters around the world continue to perform essential tasks in often less-than-ideal conditions.
- There was much chatter, much nodding, then an expectant silence as the interpreter translated.
- As for the use of the Maori language, how can an interpreter translate adequately on the spur of the moment?
- The pair sat in the dock flanked by four police officers and the proceedings were translated by an interpreter.
- He looked exhausted and uncomfortable as he waited for the interpreter to translate.
- However, is it reasonable for the committee to ask that I provide translation and interpreters?
- May Congress enact laws that instruct courts and other interpreters how to interpret future laws?
- As a rule, interpreters are supposed to translate between their mother tongue and another language.
- But interpreters go further than translators who deal in written works - they deal with the spoken word.
- This will mean 20 official languages, requiring in each case 150 new translators and interpreters.
- Then he watches as an interpreter translates for me, and nods to check I have understood.
- MIT students recruited as interpreters will provide translations.
- For about ten minutes, one gentleman asked me questions in English, and the interpreter translated them into Czech.
2.1Theatre Musicintérprete feminine
- The check is aimed at ensuring that no incongruent code is executed by the filter interpreter.
- The first line ensures that we run the Ruby interpreter, regardless of where it might be in our path.
- This code easily can cause a case of the interpreter doing what you said, not what you meant.
- The resulting machine code is stored in memory and lost when the interpreter terminates.
- When an error occurs, the Ruby interpreter packages the error in an exception object.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.