In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Transportcruce masculineintersección feminine formal
- He alleges that just before the intersection of Vanier Road and Highway 578 he felt his taxi sliding into the on-coming lane.
- Thick smoke filled the sky and hampered visibility, as road blocks were set up along Flores Road, at the intersections of Utakarra Road and Eighth Street.
- The upgrade also makes allowance for a traffic circle at the Devereux Avenue and Surrey Road intersection.
- At the key intersection the road signs direct travelers to either continue west or turn south.
- If you are turning left at a road intersection, stay in the left-hand lane even if you have to follow a slow-moving vehicle for a short distance.
- When the fuel crisis was at its worst there was the very real possibility that there would be thousands and thousands of abandoned cars on motorway flyovers and cloverleaf intersections.
- The intersection of Park Road and Highway 12 is the riskiest in Steinbach, a survey prepared for city council shows.
- Moreover, there are a number of intersections on Sampige Road disrupting smooth flow of traffic and also leading to accidents.
- Traffic will be allowed to move along Simmonds Street, but the following intersections on that road will be closed.
- At intersections where stop lines are provided, the distance between the stop lines and the pedestrian cross-walks should not be less than two metres nor more than three metres.
- North Vancouver's first roundabout was opened last fall at the intersection of Keith Road and Chesterfield Avenue.
- A large metal sign hung over one of the intersections in the road that ran along with the sidewalk they were following.
- The roads curve, the intersections are not all the same, and traffic can make a wider variety of choices.
- He adds that the traffic police should disallow left turns on some intersections of the road.
- Several studies which examined the RLC effect at nearby intersections also found significant positive changes in driver behaviour at these sites, which can be treated as RLC spatial halo effect.
- The track in the roadway through the middle of the intersection of Heidelberg Road and the aptly named Chandler Highway has been long since paved over.
- However, greater road width at the intersection was found to have broadly the same benefit as ghost islands.
- Different models were explored to estimate the accident rate at road intersections.
- All road intersections will be replaced with roundabouts.
- Even the traffic policeman at the intersection of the two roads was in a mellow mood.
2Geography Mathematicsintersección feminine
- We estimated the number of intersections made between the paths of first and second visits to the same nest by overlaying the acetate sheets from the two visits and counting the number of intersections between the two lines.
- Others were designed to illustrate the curves of intersection of certain surfaces.
- If you remember back to an economics class you might have taken, much time was spent on the intersection of lines in those graphs.
- The apparently random intersections of lines to create a lattice of triangles and trapezoids are actually derived from a complex mathematical model - an algorithm of a cube expanding as it rotates.
- He also defined the vanishing line to a given plane, not parallel to the plane of the picture, as the intersection of the plane through the eye parallel to the given plane.
- Through that point draw a horizontal line to the intersection with the hypotenuse.
- In a square grid, numbering squares instead of line intersections serves as a more convenient square-spiral representation of the integers.
- The intersections of these lines form the perspective (shaded area) of the original triangle.
- We conclude that A is the only point of intersection of that line with the parabola.
- If all the vertices of a hexagon lie on a conic, and if the opposite sides intersect, then the points of intersection lie on a line.
- The line of intersection of these two planes marks the equinoxes, the points at which the Sun apparently crosses the Equator as it passes from one hemisphere to the other.
- As with Morley's Miracle, we get a triangle at the intersection of those lines.
- The four lines and four intersections of these lines can then be used as invisible guidelines to help you find the most dynamic subject placements.
- He has a theorem named after him which concerns the intersection of surfaces.
- The intersection of this line and the original curve is the two-degree-offset yield moment calculation.
- Simple results on arrangements of lines can be proved merely by observing that the lines and their intersections can be represented as a planar graph.
- In 1873 he proved an important result on the intersection of two algebraic curves.
- Lines pulse or vibrate, and ghostly dots flash at the intersections of lines.
- Their solution is effectively produced by the intersection of a circle and a rectangular hyperbola.
- Additional seismic profiles have been used to build a grid of 2D models, which tie at line intersections to ensure consistency between the profiles illustrated here.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.