In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(interference)intervención femininearmed/military intervention — intervención armada/militar
2Economicsintervención feminineintervention price — precio de intervención masculine
- Second the costs of interventions, both explicit and implicit, did not become excessive.
- However, these incentives are often distorted by interventions in the market.
- They eagerly, even desperately, seek to create or receive such interventions.
- Ecosystems are delicate and complex, easily disrupted by clumsy interventions.
- The result is one of the simplest artistic interventions I have ever seen and one of the most unforgettable.
- Not only had he given his all going forward, he had helped out at the back with telling interventions.
- What we have here then is an extraordinary range of fairly informed interventions.
- Also the possibilities of realist strategies as radical interventions should be broached.
- We can make our observations and interventions on behalf of the emerging poem or story.
- As economic interventions go it must surely rank as one of the biggest failures in history.
- Behind the parade of diets and workout regimes there have been more direct interventions.
- Research shows it's less helpful in normal labours and can lead to unnecessary interventions.
- They were frustratingly denied by late deflections or timely interventions.
- Many have raised several matters that Ann's kindly interventions have resolved.
- Most lyrical of all his interventions there is the restaurant on the edge of the vineyards.
- Studies have shown that the tree would be safe with only minor interventions.
3(in debate, discussion)intervención feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.