In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intestino masculinethe small/large intestine — el intestino delgado/grueso
- The posterior viscera were exposed and the esophagus traced through to the cecum, stomach, intestine, and rectum region.
- The most familiar choice is the small intestine, the upper stretch of our intestine just below the stomach.
- Barium is inserted into the intestine through the anus (back passage) and X-rays are then taken of the abdomen.
- Around the tenth week of pregnancy, the intestine moves from the umbilical cord into the abdomen.
- Smooth cells make up the stomach, intestine, blood vessels and other organs.
- The pouches may be noticed during a barium enema, when a liquid is inserted into the intestine through the anus and an X-ray of the abdomen is taken.
- These symptoms result from inflammation or irritation of the stomach and intestines - the gastrointestinal tract, or gut.
- A layer of mucus lines the stomach, oesophagus and intestines to act as a barrier against this acid.
- If perforation occurs in the stomach or intestines, fever and abdominal pain and tenderness may develop.
- Nearly all the blood from the stomach and intestines passes through the liver.
- Bulimia can cause tears and irritation in the esophagus, stomach, and intestines.
- It is also effective for hemorrhage of the lungs, stomach and intestines or topically for wound healing.
- The digestive tract consists of a mouth, buccal cavity, esophagus, stomach, two-section intestine, and anus.
- The cancer can then progress by metastasizing into the liver, kidney, pancreas, lung, stomach and intestine.
- Peptic ulcers are those in the stomach and the next part of the intestine, the duodenum.
- The plain abdominal films show distended loops of intestine with thickened bowel walls.
- There is a possibility that the oesophagus, stomach or intestine may be damaged or, in rare and extreme cases, perforated during the procedure.
- These drugs help to relieve muscle spasms in the intestines so that the stomach empties more quickly.
- Smooth muscles are involuntary and located inside internal organs such as the stomach and intestines.
- Caffeine has a stimulating effect on the brain and nerves, the heart and circulatory system, the stomach and intestines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.